In honor of Mother’s Day, I figure I would put together a list of what I actually call my mother for.
I know us children are your whole world. Well what happens when we grow up and move out? We all heard of the empty nest syndrome. We all know you Moms get so bored and sad without us because well, your world is not there. 😉 So what do we do? We call you for every little thing just so you will feel like we still really need you.
SO Here it goes…
- What is poultry seasoning?
- Am I being too dramatic about this?
- Am I reading too much into this text?
- Is feta cheese the same thing as cottage cheese?
- (Call her just to talk… but she sounds busy) Are you too busy to talk about nothing with me? Oh you are too busy? If you’re too busy to talk to your daughter about nothing then you’re too busy with life and you need to slow down.
- I just got $5 in commission on one sale. Be happy for me.
- Are you dressing cute tonight? I can’t have my mom always looking cuter than me.
- What is homestead?
- Can I come fax something?
- Okay.. now what is homestead again?
- Do you have food?
- I’m thinking about selling things from my house, everyone else is doing it. Will you be my first customer?
- Guess what I learned today?
- I started a new book!
- Can I come watch the walking dead?
- What are you doing tonight?
- What are you doing Friday night?
- What are you doing Saturday night?
- You will never guess what happened to me today!
- If I take 6 advil, will I die?
- I think I killed another plant.
- Let’s do a 30 day organizing challenge together so we don’t have to do it alone.
- How do you cook a baked potato?
- Can I use my instant oatmeal as quick oats in this recipe?
- This baked potato is really hard… what’s wrong with it?
- Mom, I just referred you to this website. Sign up so I can get 5 dollars.
- Which outfit, this… or this? … You were taking too long to respond. Did you get my pictures?
- And Mom, I just wanted to see what you were doing…. aka I just wanted to hear your voice.
And what us, kids, don’t tell you is that we need you. More than we even know sometimes. Our life is a wreck without you, Moms. Not only were we your whole world, you were holding our whole world together and now.. we have to do it by ourselves. Sure… this is what we always wanted. To be adults, to be free. But I’ll never stop needing you. I’ll never stop longing for your hugs. I’ll never not know enough. I’ll never not be afraid for job interviews or doing my own taxes or making any adult decision. I’ll never stop needing you to help me find where an item is in the grocery store so I won’t look stupid walking in circles. I’ll always feel like I need guidance in some way. And I’ll always call but it won’t be for you, it’ll be for me. And it won’t be just because I love you, Mom. It’s more than just that… it’s because I need you and I miss you.
Until next time, Forever Your Little Girl